Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Health Insurance Headache

WOW!!!

I just got off the phone after applying for medical insurance, and WOW...they ask a ton of questions. All I can say in response to the questions is: THANK GOODNESS I WORKOUT AND LIVE A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE!

The questions about past medical history are intense, and it gave me a reason to pause and be thankful. I am thankful I am healthy, and I am thankful I am able to get coverage. If it were not for my current insurance being extremely weak, I would not have taken the time to get new insurance in the first place....so I guess I am also thankful for the terrible, horrible, painful cold I had over a month ago which let me see how bad my insurance was. In a nut shell, it covered ZERO! So onward and upward.

Insurance is meant to be there so you can use it if you need it, but so many people are needing it, and needing it more often. Over the next 15 years, obesity and obesity related illnesses are going to strain our health care system in a way never seen before. It is a simple fact: as you get fat you get ill, and not in one or two small ways, but in multiple system and functions. The joints start to ache, your respiration and circulation are compromised, the hormonal and pituitary systems go out of balance, blood pressure, cholesterol levels and heart disease increase in relation to your body fat percentage. There are almost no positive side effects, if any, to being over weight....but there are many negative ones.

So why not focus in feeling good! Feel good about moving more. Feel good about eating healthy. Feel good about getting enough rest balanced with enough activity....start to focus on feeling good and how living a healthy lifestlye can be amazing! You can refer back to my video blog for more about this, it is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQVaaUadhuk

Curvy Girl Fitness is about ACCEPTING your body, it's size and shape, and then learning to love it and treat it with respect. Respecting your body includes feeding it healthy foods, moving regularly and avoiding unhealthy behaviors. Curvy Girl Fitness is about loving yourself and wanting to live a better, healthier life in the body you were blessed with, not using it as an excuse for gluttony and sloth.

Remember: if you do not make time for health now, you will have to take time for illness in the future.

Do something healthy...one thing.....everyday, then you will be on your way to a healthy lifestyle. Who likes to be sick? Not I.

Have a healthy day!

No comments: