Wednesday, October 10, 2007

SAY IT ISN"T SO!!!!!! :-( 8 LBS!

OH NO!!!! SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!

I have gained EIGHT POUNDS!!!!

That's it, my life is over! I am going straight to bed and eating anything I want!

I QUIT!!!!!

Have you ever had this conversation with yourself? Felt so terrible about gaining a few pounds that you became frustrated and resigned, creating even a deeper hole to dig out of? I was feeling that way last week...for about 5 hours. I went to my endocrinologist for my annual appointment, already suspecting my thyroid levels were off again, and I got the news: I had gained 8 lbs in the past year! Oy Veh! What was really the shocking to me was that I new I had put that weight on mostly in the past 3 months. And even though she told me my thyroid levels were off, hence attributing to my weight gain, I went to "that place". That place where I feel fat and ultimately unlovable, in some sick way. So I can COMPLETELY relate to anyone who has felt similar feelings.

The question I have for you is: How long do you allow yourself to remain defeated if you have gotten off you fitness track? How long are you saying mean and untrue things to yourself that ultimately hurt you even more? Here is my challenge for you: Get Off The Negative Bus, because it is getting you NOWHERE!

Instead, get present to all of the amazing things about yourself...IMMEDIATELY!!! Write down all of the things you like about yourself and your life, then you will have a fresh pair of eyes to see yourself with, and from there you can create anything you want! You will see, in the scheme of life this is only a minor blip, and may even HELP your weight loss, believe it or not. You just shocked your body, and now it is really for anything, including losing more weight!

Bottom line: remember, it is not about HOW YOU LOOK, it is ALL about HOW YOU FEEL! So FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOU AND YOU CAN CREATE WHATEVER YOU WANT IN YOUR LIFE!

Have a healthy day!

1 comment:

Cape and Tiara Inc said...

I don't know why we women are so hard on ourselves, but you're right. The longer you stay in 'that place' the more you eat, less you train and worse you feel...I've been there (and am there right now) way too many times to count. My current goal is never to get to this place (mentally) ever again even if I do put on a few pounds.