Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ready To Change

Change is hard, there is no getting around that fact. And let’s face it, no matter what words or phrases we use to describe getting in shape, changes are going to occur. Back to my original statement: Change is hard.

How do we enter a fitness and wellness routine, and create a place where it’s just not so hard? We begin with the way we think. Because here is the killer….change isn’t hard, unless you say so. It sounds over simplified, and at first glance it is, but think about it and ask yourself a question: Who told you change is hard? Are they still standing next to you repeating it or are you telling yourself? I am not going to say it again, instead I am going to substitute another statement where I want change to occur. Try some of these:
I feel great when I workout
Eating healthy gives me energy
I treat myself with love and respect because that is what I deserve

You can create whatever statement you want. Look at what you are desiring to achieve, and make that your statement. If you find a negative thought or impulse in your thinking replace it with a positive statement. After all, who deserves love and respect more than you? No one.

We are in charge of our thought processes, and therefore we are in charge of what we believe. Pay attention to what you say to yourself, and open your mind to positive statements. You will be amazed by the results.

No comments: