Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What You See Is What You See

I used to have a page from a magazine on my refrigerator door. It was of a woman rock climbing and the inset read: To look at yourself and see what is right instead of what is wrong, that is the mark of a truly healthy individual. I couldn't tell you where that inspirational message is today, this was probably 15 years ago, but I remember it as if it were still there. I remember the days I drew strength from it. I remember the days I scoffed at it's presence and I probably threw it out when I no longer felt it was necessary or appropriate to stare at a tattered image on my refrigerator door, but I have never forgotten it.

To look at yourself and see what is right instead of what is wrong, that is the mark of a truly healthy individual.

Take it and write it on a post it note and attach it to your dash board, write it out as your screen saver, or print it out with a picture of yourself and put it on your own refrigerator door. Take that line, or something inspirational to you, and put it around you where you will see it and reflect on it throughout the day.

You are anything you say you are. So what are you going to tell yourself today?

No comments: