Wednesday, July 25, 2007

CAUTION....PROCEED WITH CARE!

I wanted to chat a bit about nutrition today,

Or more precisely, the LACK of nutrition

In our daily eating habits.

I am on the same emotional roller coaster you are.

We all have our good days, and our more challenging days.

Sure, it is easy to eat healthy on days we feel great,

But what about the moments when we are confronted by stress?

How do you handle your eating skills then?

In the past, I would have either binged on some chocolaty snacks,

Or I would have refused to eat all together.

It occurred to me last week, on one of my more challenging days,

That I still feel the impulse, albeit ever so slightly,

To return to my destructive habits of eating.

After years of being aware and working on healthy eating patterns,

I was amazed I still felt the urge to binge and purge.

So why didn't I?

Because I developed a much stronger Mantra.

That Mantra is: I deserve to eat healthy foods that nourish my body.

I never told myself I should, because there is an opposite: shouldn't.

What I have been telling myself is that I DESERVE to eat.

For a long time I didn't believe I deserved anything positive in my life,

And it showed on a daily basis in my actions and how I treated myself.

So, the next time you feel compelled to binge or starve

Ask yourself a question:

Why do I want to do that?

You can discover your own Mantra in your answer,

And find that you are stronger than you ever knew.

Let me know what your Mantras are, I would love to hear them.

As always, have a healthy day!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Hi,

I've enjoyed reading through your blog. I'm a curvy girl trying to get fit in time for graduation and was thinking of hiring a trainer. Thoughts? Also, none of your website links seem to work for me!

Toni

toni.mac.attack@gmail.com