Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Are You Talking To Yourself?

What's on your mind?

What do you want to get off your plate mentally?

What are the goals you want to achieve?

Have you ever tried to write them down?

The year 2000 was literally a living hell for me,

And it was an inferno that got hotter in 2001,

And self combusted in 2002.

There is a practice I developed during this chaos

That helped me through my most challenging days.

This practice was journaling.

On days I did not want to get out of bed,

Or I wanted to starve myself so I could not feel

The suffocating emotional pain,

I journaled.

I used to hide in the upstairs of the local Starbucks

And write until I said everything I needed to.

Until all of the pain and anger trapped in my mind

Was released on the page

And I felt infinitely better.

I am blessed to report that there has not been any trauma

Even remotely similar in intensity

To those three years of my life,

But I still journal all the time.

Every letter, for me, begins: Dear Lord,

Then I share all of my thoughts,

Dreams,

Pains,

Fears,

And accomplishments.

And it works.

Journaling has allowed my to clear my head and

Set new goals,

Celebrate my life,

Say Thank You for the blessings all around me,

And see that I am a human being

With so much left to learn in this lifetime.

And even though those lessons are sometimes painful,

They are always worth while.

If you don't journal, my suggestion is to try it.

Even if you type it on your computer,

And never save it,

You may be pleasantly surprised at the amazing things you discover

About yourself.

Because you are already Perfect, Whole and Complete,

And you are just learning the lessons of life,

Like everybody else on this enormous planet.

Have an amazing day :-)

No comments: