Friday, May 4, 2007

Grateful for WHAT?

I get to see the most spectacular sunrises every morning! Really I do. This morning I am lying in bed watching the sun begin to illuminate the sky, the birds are singing to one another and I am feeling so grateful for this precious moment. And I started to think how blessed I am to awaken to a beautiful sunrise everyday.

I am quite taken with the sunrise. It is a moment of the day when I can take a deep breath and feel a true appreciation for all the beauty, joy and love surrounding me in my life.

Have you ever looked to watch the sunrise, but the morning was cloudy and you thought nothing would happen? Sometimes, when you least expect it, the clouds will begin to dance and move and an even MORE radiant, glorious sunrise of spectacular colors and patterns emerges from the darkness.

That is something to be truly grateful for: when you thought the clouds were rolling in and there was going to be no light today, then suddenly something even more spectacular, more joyous, more lovely is surrounding you and you have no idea how it happened.

I am lying in bed watching the sun rise, thinking about the things I am grateful for and I realize I am grateful for hating my body years ago. Really. If I had never been unhappy with my body, I would not have joined a gym, become a Recreational Therapist, gotten certified as a Personal Trainer, and be living this life. This life that I LOVE! So I love my thighs! I am grateful for everything they are, because they are why I joined a gym January 2, 1990.

What are you grateful for? Is there a challenge you are facing right now that actually is your greatest teacher? I am grateful for my big, beautiful thighs. Try to see something on your body in a new perspective, a unique way that makes you who you are. Embrace it, love it.

I Love the Sunrise! Even on a cloudy day. Even when it rains, because I know something amazing may emerge tomorrow.

No comments: