Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Two "B's" or not Two "B's"

Everyone has heard the phrase "sex sells." But what is sexy?

How is it defined?

Is it a look, an attitude, a body part?

And at what price to be sexy?

I was watching an International Fitness Competition on TV this weekend and something BIG caught my attention: all of the competitors had breast implants. ALL of the competitors.

This is an international competition which stressed physique, fitness and spokesmanship....and it was the spokesmanship piece that caught my attention.

Here were 20 of the top fitness women in the world, all of whom had dieted down for this competition and the outlines of their implants were obvious.

No big deal right?

I am not saying anything against plastic surgery, because my honest opinion is if it makes you feel better about yourself then that is your individual choice. And yes, there may be a day when I choose a surgical option....years from now. I don't know, but I know never to say never.

My point is that out of all the top fitness competitors, not one of them was chosen WITHOUT implants.

These are the women who are going to be role models and spokespeople for fitness products. These are the women who are going to influence our ideas of what our bodies should look like...and not one of them was a true representative of living a natural lifestyle.

These women were beautiful, talented and worked their butts off (or on) to get to where they are today, and I commend them for that dedication and love of the sport. What was obvious is if they WANT a career as a fitness spokesperson they HAVE TO have breast enhancements or they would not be chosen to compete in the highest levels of the competition.

That is what I learned, and that is what all the previous rounds of competition had shown.

So, WHAT IS SEXY? And WHAT SELLS?

I truly believe that sexy comes from the inside out. It is in your attitude. It is in your confidence. It is in everyone of us, but when we are shown that the only way to get ahead is through artificial means of enhancement, then there is an emotional price to be paid.

Curvy Girl Fitness stands dedicated to helping women discover that it is not about trying to look like anyone else, but it is trying to be uniquely you...that is where your true sexiness lies.

How ever you choose to show it, know it is already there, and be proud of whatever you choose.

I like my B's, just as they are.

No comments: